On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 11:39:21AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Sam Ravnborg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > -ARCH               ?= $(SUBARCH)
> > -CROSS_COMPILE      ?=
>
> Can you do this in a way that there are still these ARCH/CROSS_COMPILE
> lines that are just overriden when empty or have their default value?
>
> This way defaults could be still patched in for special cases.

If it is OK to drop the $(SUBARCH) assingment like this then yes.
ARCH            ?=
CROSS_COMPILE   ?=

I was wondering why we had the empty CROSS_COMPILE assigment and this
explains why.
But why patch something in here in the fisrt place?
It seems to be a workaround for the actual issue this patch addresses - no?

        Sam