https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525914

            Bug ID: 525914
           Summary: More User-Friendly Settings UI
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: plasmashell
      Version First master
       Reported In:
          Platform: Fedora RPMs
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: wishlist
          Priority: NOR
         Component: general
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
                CC: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: 1.0

Hi,
After several years using GNOME (Fedora Workstation), I recently decided to
give the KDE version a try.
And I have to admit, it’s really great!!!
However, when I wanted to configure my desktop and went into the settings, I
saw tons of possible options.
That’s great, but since they’re all just checkboxes to select or deselect (and
there are so many of them with so many submenus) it makes for a really
cluttered interface.
In my opinion, KDE's extensive customization options are one of its greatest
strengths. But if that leads to frustration and confusion, this strength can
become a weakness.
So I’m suggesting that the settings be more visual (rather than text-based) and
more intuitive (sometimes a tiny button that's somewhat hidden on the page can
open up a large submenu of settings).
Thank you :)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to