https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525935

            Bug ID: 525935
           Summary: Option to keep the panel hidden if the cursor touches
                    the screen edge
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: plasmashell
      Version First 6.6.6
       Reported In:
          Platform: Kubuntu
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: Panel
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: 1.0

DESCRIPTION

I like to hide my panel, because I don't need it most of the time, to gain more
screen space.

When I move my cursor to the edge where the panel is hidden to interact with a
window (For example I want to 
interact with the Firefox search GUI at the bottom), I very often accidentally
trigger the panel to be shown.

Then, the panel overlaps the GUI of the application I just wanted to interact
with. I need to move my mouse away, wait for it to hide, and then try again,
very carefully. This is kinda annoying.

I really wish there was an option to disable that active edge. I want to keep
the panel hidden no matter my mouse cursor placement. I only want it to show
when I press the super key, (or with dodge windows, if there is no maximized
window, etc.)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Set panel to auto hide
2. Maximize application
3. Overenthusiastically move the cursor down to interact with a GUI element
4. Panel triggers and overlaps the GUI element.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS

Operating System: Kubuntu 26.04 LTS
KDE Plasma Version: 6.6.6
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.24.0
Qt Version: 6.10.2
Kernel Version: 7.0.0-31-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to