https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526053
Bug ID: 526053
Summary: The window rule for "Screen" doesn't work unless
"Position" is set, but using that would make "Initial
Placement" doesn't work
Classification: Plasma
Product: kwin
Version First master
Reported In:
Platform: CachyOS
OS: Linux
Status: REPORTED
Severity: normal
Priority: NOR
Component: rules
Assignee: [email protected]
Reporter: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Target Milestone: ---
Created attachment 196433
--> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=196433&action=edit
my rule for discord to start centered at my 2nd monitor doesn't work because of
the position setting
DESCRIPTION
My main monitor is 2560x1440p, and I want to make Discord start at my second
monitor whenever I turn on my PC so I created a window rule for that. But
setting the Screen value to 1 is not enough and the app always start at my main
monitor. I have to set the position to X:2570 and Y:270 (my 2nd monitor is a
bit lower than my main) so it would start at the second monitor.
This became a problem because the Position setting overrides the Initial
Placement setting, that means if I want to make discord start centered on my
second monitor it wouldn't work unless I find the centered X and Y coordinate
and manually set it.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Set a rule Screen 1
2. Set the Initial Placement centered
OBSERVED RESULT
App won't start at 2nd monitor and either start at main monitor or where cursor
is currently at.
EXPECTED RESULT
Screen should work on its own and make app start at that screen instead of
having to set the X/Y coordinate of it.
SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System: CachyOS Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.29.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.