https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526310

            Bug ID: 526310
           Summary: Split line height multiplier
    Classification: Applications
           Product: kate
      Version First 26.08.0
       Reported In:
          Platform: openSUSE
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: wishlist
          Priority: NOR
         Component: folding
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

Hi there,

in wake of the bug
525153
(
and possibly
464087
)
I had an idea that would kinda fit into the "while you're at it" category,
but I didn't want to add it to the bug, because fixing the error comes first
and this way, the original entry isn't cluttered with suggestions.
Unfortunately, my programming skills are atrocious.

Current state:
The Line Height Multiplier sets the factor
for all lines in the editor element,
be they wrapped or not.

Idea:
Create a second multiplier for wrapped lines.
One could have, let's say, wrapped lines at 1.5 and newlines at 2.
This would format all newline breaks neatly into paragraphs
and make the text more closely resemble,
what it would look like, if it was pasted
into anything that treats newlines as a new paragraph.

I hope this is the right place to submit,
but I hope so, because of the wishlist thingy.
If it's not, I'm more than happy to repost anywhere,
where it can be discussed.

Cheers.

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20260908
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.29.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 7.2.3-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to