https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=481808

--- Comment #53 from [email protected] ---
I can reliably reproduce this issue on Nyarch Linux (Arch-based), KDE Plasma on
Wayland.
Hardware: ASUS TX Gaming FX608JMR
Kernel: 7.2.6-arch2-1
Steps to reproduce:
1. Lock the session.
2. On the Plasma lock screen, click the Sleep button.
3. Wake the laptop again.
4. Repeat this a few times.
Observed result:
Clicking Sleep on the lock screen causes an authentication failure even though
I did not enter or submit any password. After repeating this several times, the
failed attempts accumulate in faillock and the account becomes temporarily
locked.
This appears to be specific to the Sleep button on the Plasma lock screen.
The following suspend methods do not cause the problem on the same machine:
- systemctl suspend
- the laptop's hardware sleep key
- closing the lid
Manually locking the screen itself also works normally.
After suspending via the lock-screen Sleep button, waking with the built-in
keyboard, mouse, or touchpad can make the lock screen react as if an
input/authentication interaction occurred.
So in my case the suspend/resume mechanism itself works correctly; the problem
appears to be specifically in the lock-screen Sleep action / authentication
handling.
I can reproduce this consistently.
I am happy to provide journalctl, PAM configuration, or faillock output if
needed.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to