https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525042

--- Comment #11 from [email protected] ---
Hello

Just some words to tell you everything is now ok :
- first, I changed OPENCV_OPENCL_DEVICE` system environment variable
to `:GPU:0`
only.
- then I activated openCL on Digikam and restarted it.
- I tested the OPenCL in Digikam and the test found openCL correctly.
- I downloaded again all models needed using the Digikam interface and
restarted.
- After this operation, I was able to use the face tag and the face search
engine without any crash !!

Thanks a lot again for your help !!
regards
Philippe Bezard-Falgas


Le lun. 14 sept. 2026 à 18:36, Philippe Bezard-Falgas <
[email protected]> a écrit :

> Hello
>
> I realized I was using a NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER, so I followed the
> documentation :
>
> For NVIDIA GPU users (e.g., GeForce RTX 2070 Super, RTX 3060 Ti, etc.),
> additional steps are required to ensure successful GPU detection by
> OpenCV’s AI backend. The NVIDIA Cuda SDKs
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA> must be installed on your system:
> 1. Install the NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit from the official NVIDIA website
> <https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda/toolkit>. Select a Custom installation
> and choose only the components CUDA/Runtime/Libraries/OPENCL and
> CUDA/Runtime/Libraries/CUBLAS.
> *=> INSTALLED*2. Install the cuDNN Library from the official NVIDIA
> website <https://developer.nvidia.com/cudnn>. Select a Custom
> installation and choose only cuDNN for CUDA/Runtime.
> *=> INSTALLED*3. Set the `OPENCV_OPENCL_DEVICE` system environment
> variable to `NVIDIA:GPU:0`. Under Windows, this can be done with the System
> Control Panel <https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm>.
> *=> ADDED*After completing these steps, restart digiKam and rerun the
> compatibility test in the *Setup > Miscellaneous > System* dialog.
> [image: image.png]
>
>
> Here is the result of the test :
>
> D*émarrage du test « OpenCV OpenCL DNN »…*
>
> *Vérification en cours de la compatibilité de l'accélération matérielle
> avec le processeur graphique (GPU) pour OpenCL avec les modèles d'IA…*
>
> *Erreur : OpenCL est indisponible sur votre système.*
>
>
> *Test failed. Your system may not be able to use GPU acceleration for the
> AI models.*
>
>
> What else ?
>
> Philippe Bezard-Falgas
>
>
> Le dim. 13 sept. 2026 à 19:17, <[email protected]> a écrit :
>
>> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525042
>>
>> --- Comment #9 from [email protected] ---
>> No, the DNN files are too heavy and must be downloaded in a second stage.
>> It's
>> normally ask at first run.
>>
>>
>> https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/miscs_settings.html#system-settings
>>
>> Go to Setup Miscs System dialog page.
>>
>> --
>> You are receiving this mail because:
>> You reported the bug.
>
>

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to