https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526442
Bug ID: 526442
Summary: Simplify Global Keyboard Shortcuts Into One File
Classification: Frameworks and Libraries
Product: frameworks-kglobalaccel
Version First 6.30.0
Reported In:
Platform: Arch Linux
OS: Linux
Status: REPORTED
Severity: wishlist
Priority: NOR
Component: general
Assignee: [email protected]
Reporter: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Target Milestone: ---
DESCRIPTION
Currently, keyboard shortcuts are stored in multiple files which makes it so
that editing/adding shorts properly either must be done through the System
Settings UI or by going through each custom shortcut one by one.
Example: I currently I have custom shortcuts to launch specific Firefox
profiles with the following launch arguments based on the profile:
- `mullvad-exclude firefox -P profileName1` -> Assigned to Super + F
- `firefox -P profileName2` -> Assigned to Super + Shift + F
Because I use multiple DEs/WMs, sometimes I come up with a new shortcut I'd
like to use, or I want to edit the current shortcut so it does something
different - new workflow, new app, uninstalled app, etc.
As I use `swhkd`, I can edit one file for multiple DEs/WMs and all of them will
update with the new/edited shortcut.
All except KDE. Because in KDE, there are two files to be edited:
`.config/kglobalshortcutsrc` and the corresponding file created by
`KGlobalaccel` when a custom app shortcut is added through System Settings.
This file is found in `.local/share/applications`, and each file is specific to
the custom shortcut. In other words, there is one file for Firefox profilename1
and another file for Firefox profileName2.
So, my request is to rework the current system so that there is only one file
that stores all of this data (.config/kglobalshortcutsrc), or a maximum of two
files (.config/kglobalshortcutsrc and
.local/share/applications/kglobalshortcutsrc-data).
SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System: Archcraft
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 7.2.7-arch1-1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 16 GiB of RAM (15.3 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor 1: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Graphics Processor 2: Quadro P3000
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.