https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=521800

--- Comment #6 from Dwayne <[email protected]> ---
Description:
Disabling touchpad on 6.6.4 and then upgrading to 6.7.5 keeps the touchpad
disabled.

Steps to Reproduce:
Fresh install of Fedora 44 (Plasma 6.6.4), no updates yet.
Disable the touchpad in System Settings > Touchpad.
Reboot and confirm it is still disabled.
Update the system (Plasma updates to 6.7.5).
The touchpad is still disabled, but the Touchpad settings page shows a blank
Device dropdown with "Enable device" checked.

Software and Hardware:
Operating System: Fedora Linux 44
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 7.2.7-200.fc44.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 16 × Intel® Core™ 7 240H
Memory: 16 GiB of RAM (15.3 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor 1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5050 Laptop GPU
Graphics Processor 2: Intel® Graphics
Manufacturer: Alienware
Product Name: Alienware 16 Aurora AC16250
Touchpad: Elan I2C 04F3:32EA

Additional Information:
I installed Fedora 44 and did all the updates and found that I could not
disable the touchpad. On that touchpad section of System Settings there was
nothing showing in the menu to even select. I did a fresh install of Fedora 44.
This time, before doing any updates, I checked the touchpad settings in the
default Plasma 6.6.4 and was able to select my touchpad and disable it and it
stayed disabled after a reboot. Then I did the updates and was then running
Plasma 6.7.5 and the settings to disable the touchpad carried from 6.6.4 to
6.7.5. On 6.7.5 the Device dropdown is blank and 'Enable device' shows as
checked even though the touchpad is disabled. I did not change anything or
click Apply. See the attached screenshot, taken on 6.7.5 with no changes made.

I confirmed the touchpad was still disabled on Plasma 6.7.5 while running
kernel 6.19.10. The screenshot was taken later on kernel 7.2.7.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to