https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526512

--- Comment #8 from [email protected] ---
(In reply to TraceyC from comment #7)
> Thanks for the logs. I noticed this, just after the system reaches the sleep
> state. 
> 
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd[1]: Reached target Sleep.
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd[1]: Starting Power tunings...
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd[1]: Starting System Suspend...
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd-sleep[5111]: User sessions remain unfrozen
> on explicit request ($SYSTEMD_SLEEP_FREEZE_USER_SESSIONS=0).
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd-sleep[5111]: This is not recommended, and
> might result in unexpected behavior, particularly
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd-sleep[5111]: in suspend-then-hibernate
> operations or setups with encrypted home directories.
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre systemd-sleep[5111]: Performing sleep operation
> 'suspend'...
> out 02 23:15:07 PC-Andre kernel: PM: suspend entry (s2idle)
> 
> This leads me to ask if you set anything related to sleep or suspend? Did
> you set anything in powertop?

I didn’t alter anything related to sleep or tinkered with powertop. Basically
I'm using KDE Linux as is.

I don't know if the sleep/resume problem is related to the following but for
the longest time, I've been having intermittent touchpad issues. It stops
working for a few seconds and starts working again. I've managed to find the
cause, it's related to the nvidia gpu: when the gpu powers down it also turns
off the touchpad temporarily and I have to wait (10, 20 seconds, sometimes
longer) until the cursor starts moving again.
But again, I was not having problems with sleep/wake until the last few KDE
Linux updates.

cheers

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to