On 2014-09-01 12:21, Ralf Habacker wrote:
Am 29.08.2014 12:05, schrieb Alex Merry:
On Friday 15 August 2014 12:31:07 Ralf Habacker wrote:
Am 15.08.2014 11:50, schrieb Alex Merry:
On Tuesday 12 August 2014 12:52:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
Hi, i've been porting some of my apps to KF5 work and I'm noticing there doesn't seem to be (or i can't find) a replacement for kde4_add_app_icon.

This seems like a problem for the support in windows/macosX. Is there any plan to work on an ecm version? Or it already exists and i failed to find
it? Or it was decided on purpose not to support it?
I had a look at it before 1.0, and it seemed a little hacky (including
requiring png2ico on Windows),
which was included in the required kdewin(-tools) package
Ralf
Useful to know; I'm not sure I want ECM depending on that, however. And paths
get complicated on Windows.
One possibility might be to include that tool with ECM. Alternatively, we could just suck it up and put a big warning on ecm_add_application_icon saying that it has this dependency on Windows (that dep should provide a CMake config
file, ideally).
The recent kdewin-tools package version 0.5.7 installs a related cmake
config files, which exports the required cmake png2ico target

# Create imported target png2ico
add_executable(png2ico IMPORTED)

Also KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON tries to find png2ico using find_program from the
system ysearch path which is set by the build system on windows.

See David's reply on kde-frameworks, where he suggests investigating (a) what Qt does, (b) what CMake does and (c) what CMake should do. He also provides the results of a preliminary grep on the Qt codebase.

Alex