daandemeyer added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cgiboudeaux wrote in ECMQtDeclareLoggingCategory.cmake:133
> must be compatible **with** the project..

What's the alternative for extra-cmake-modules? Can I just remove the
cmake_minimum_required call or do I need to update the version elsewhere?

> cgiboudeaux wrote in ECMQtDeclareLoggingCategory.cmake:133
> must be compatible **with** the project..

I found that the CMake script of extra-cmake-modules itself specifies 2.8.12 as
the minimum so I'm assuming that's the minimum version for the modules as well.
The advantage of specifying cmake_minimum_required inline here is that
cmake-extra-modules will continue to work with versions of CMake older than 3.1
and give a better error message when the new functionality is used with an
older CMake version. Of course, if its not a problem to update the minimum
required version to 3.1 that's the preferred solution compared to specifying
cmake_minimum_required inline.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22699

To: daandemeyer, alexmerry
Cc: cgiboudeaux, apol, kde-frameworks-devel, kde-buildsystem, LeGast00n,
sbergeron, bencreasy, michaelh, ngraham, bruns