On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi guys, sometimes i realize some interesting discussions are being carried
>> on
>> mailing lists i didn't ever know they existed.
>>
>> Do you think it'd be a good idea to ask sysadmins to send an email to this
>> list every time a new public mailing list is created?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Albert
>
> It would be nice if *somebody* announced them - could be sysadmin,
> could be the new team, or the incubation team.

In some instances, the creation of a new mailing list (like a
bugs-dist list) would be noise.
I'd be in favour of the requestor(s) announcing the new list though -
so they could explain what the list would be used for.

If sysadmin ends up doing it we'll likely be unable to provide as
decent an explanation (as we're simply not as involved).

> Valorie

Cheers,
Ben