On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Vishesh Handa wrote:

On Feb 8, 2016 11:51, "Jonathan Riddell" <j...@jriddell.org> wrote:

> I also heard a suggestion from Vishesh that projects like Amarok
> shouldn't be allowed in GSoC because they are not very active.  It
> seems nonsense to block projects from having activity on grounds that
> they are not very active.

I stand by this.

If a project has no developers who actively contribute to it, putting students
on it with the hope that they
will take care of it, is too optimistic.

I don't want to argue for or against concrete examples, but I do agree that
it's not fair to the students to tease them witha project that might sound
cool, but hasn't got mentors available. And if there aren't developers, how can
there be mentors?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org