Hi,

Same problem for digiKam Windows installer.

But this question is not only about Windows, but MacOS PKG also need
to be signed. So the problem is more generic and a global solution
need to be found here for KDE applications packaged for windows and
MacOS.

Note : in the future, to improve security, Microsoft and Apple will
certainly promote application store for desktop application
installation, instead stand alone solutions.

Gilles Caulier