El dilluns, 17 de setembre de 2018, a les 20:01:15 CEST, Andrew Crouthamel va
escriure:
> I've been spending a lot of time browsing, searching, and filtering our bugs
> in Bugzilla. One of the areas I've found that could use improvement, are the
> NEEDSINFO bugs. Often, bugs are placed into this status, either awaiting
> additional information or backtraces, never to be updated again. We have
> NEEDSINFO bugs dating back to 2009.
>
> I believe it would be best, if these unactionable bugs are closed after 30
> days of inactivity. This would become a KDE Bugzilla policy going forward,
> and one we could even implement as a bot if possible in the future. For
> example, the Chromium project Sherriffbot does this today. But for now, I'd
> like it to become a manual Bugsquad action item to check. It cannot be
> expected to leave a bug open indefinitely, if the reporter cannot be bothered
> to provide the additional requested information. It's unfair to our
> developers to be unsure when to close an abandoned bug, and contributes to
> lessening the signal-to-noise ratio of our issues in Bugzilla.
>
> This is already a policy at many other projects such as The Document
> Foundation, Chromium, and Fedora. Additionally, several of our developers
> within KDE are already doing this.
>
> Thoughts?

In my expirience people routinely forget to change the status back when they
provide the information so I don't think it's a good idea.

Unless we can check if there has been no comment after the comment that changed
the status to NEEDSINFO, it that's possible, seems good to me.

Cheers,
  Albert