On 2020-02-25 19:22, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El dimarts, 25 de febrer de 2020, a les 18:47:16 CET, Nate Graham va escriure:
I find myself in agreement.

I have access to the kuserfeedback data and to be honest I'm rather
dissatisfied with its actionability. There's nothing detailed like "x
percentage of users change the default wallpaper" or "y percentage of
users switch to double-click" that we could actually use to inform our
UI design--let alone anything that could be used to personally identify
anyone. The actual data set is so tame and uninteresting that I agree
that we could change our policy and release the stats just to show
everyone that we have nothing to hide.

You can log anything you want, if you think knowing users that have
non default wallpapers or that switch to double click, log that.

That is totally correct, guess the Plasma developers did just start with the
basics (like Kate, too).

But given we praise our self that the data we collect is properly anonymized and doesn't contain any private stuff, having it available for the public
would make this even more transparent.

Greetings
Christoph

--