Hello KDE Community,

The Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS)and the openEuler Linux distribution are launching their own alternative to Google's Summer of Code initiative.

Accoding to Phoronix, they're "providing university-aged students around the world funding by the Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences to work on community open-source projects." and the "Mentors will also be paid for their time."

The deadline for communities to apply is May 20th. More details can be seen here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/community/> (community guidelines), here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/mentor/> (for Mentors) and here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/> (FAQ).

There's also more info on Phoronix <https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=China-Summer-2021-Open-Source>

I don't have time or the expertise to contributewith this initiative, but I think this is something the KDE Community could keep an eye on, as it could help with the development of KDE software just like Google Summer of Code does.

Thanks for reading.