Apologies for cross-posting

Hi energy-efficient FOSS enthusiasts!

The 2nd Wednesday of the month is quickly approaching -- and so is our monthly KDE Eco community meetup. Let's get the new year off to a good start together!

_Overview_

*When*: Wednesday 12 January, 19:00 CET (UTC+1) (ics event attached)

*Where*: https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

*Topic*: "SoftAWERE" will present their project on the development of tools for energy-efficient software development!

_Details_

SoftAWERE is a joint project of the SDIA and Öko-Institut that seeks to develop tools for making energy-efficiency measurements part of the CI-pipeline, among other things. From the website:

> To deliver more sustainable software, it starts with architecture and the developers who are writing the code. [...] The objective of the project is to enable developers to consider energy consumption as part of the development process, and take energy consumption into account when selecting libraries and third-party components. This will lead to better environmental choices during the development process.

Here you can read more about the project: https://sdialliance.org/steering-groups/softawere

SoftAWERE and KDE Eco share similar goals and we are honored to have them present their project to our community.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week!

Cheers,
Joseph

Notes from past meetups and Sprints can be found here:

  https://invent.kde.org/joseph/be4foss/-/tree/master/community-meetups

--
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Berlin
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
TZNAME:CEST
DTSTART:19700329T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
TZNAME:CET
DTSTART:19701025T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20220105T091909Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20220106T134650Z
DTSTAMP:20220106T134650Z
UID:25366613-62d5-4afb-a454-ce8fe8ac01fe
SUMMARY:KDE Eco Community Meetup
DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20220112T190000
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20220112T200000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
LOCATION:https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt
  (ics event attached)\n\n*Where*: https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt\n
 \n*Topic*: "SoftAWERE" will present their project on the development of to
 ols for energy-efficient software applications!\n\n_Details_\n\nSoftAWERE
 is a joint project of the SDIA and Öko-Institut that seeks to develop too
 ls for making energy-efficiency measurements part of the CI-pipeline\, amo
 ng other things. From the website:\n\n> To deliver more sustainable softwa
 re\, it starts with architecture and the developers who are writing the co
 de. [...] The objective of the project is to enable developers to consider
  energy consumption as part of the development process\, and take energy c
 onsumption into account when selecting libraries and third-party component
 s. This will lead to better environmental choices during the development p
 rocess.\n\nYou can read more about the project here: https://sdialliance.o
 rg/steering-groups/softawere\n\nSoftAWERE and KDE Eco share similar goals
 and we are honored to have them present their project to our community.
X-MOZ-GENERATION:2
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR