Where's the problem? Have the release tarballs already and irrevocably been
forged and fed into some unstoppable mechanism?
Per the KDE Release Schedule, we are frozen for everything except
build compilation failures, as the KDE 4.7.0 release process is
underway.
So what is the better option here, violate rules to prevent any users from 'suffering' - or for no meaningful reason (besides 'discipline') strictly adhering to that self-imposed code of conduct and finding ways to cope with the implications that might have? Have you asked 4.7 release manager about it? It would come as a big surprise if anyone would be going to file an official complaint for breaching the freeze for this very valid reason.

I really doubt anyone is going to 'suffer'...
They will.
Will not, because the KDE team will act with common sense, of course.

Experience Freedom!
The KDE® Community is an international technology team dedicated to creating a
free and user-friendly computing experience