On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:40:11 +0200, "Aaron J. Seigo" <ase...@kde.org> wrote:
i'm VERY interested in what you are hoping and planning for from your own attendance at BDS. please share those goals so that we can all arrive more
mentally prepared for what is in store.
My Goal for Desktop Summit is to get the "KDE Plasma on Wayland" really kickstarted. At the end of the week I want to have a group of dedicated developers who also see the great chance and opportunity for KDE to finally get rid off X and forge our own custom tailored windowing system based on Wayland. I want to convince people how important it is to get the porting of the workspace started *now* to be ready when Wayland really starts through. Let's be ahead and not watch the red lights of the Wayland train passing by.

Cheers
Martin