On Montag, 15. September 2014 22:42:03 CEST, Michal Humpula wrote:
I've encountered strange issue with the style of kf5 kdevelop tabs. Specifically the close button takes more space then anything else. It seems to be drawn by QCommonStyle class, which is inherited by KStyle.

If it's the stock item (iirc kdevelop had a lot of handcrafted GUI stuff), this
is controlled by
QStyle::PM_TabCloseIndicatorWidth
QStyle::PM_TabCloseIndicatorHeight

the QCommonStyle implementation returns (dpi adjusted) 16px - actual styles may
of course re-implement this.

* QCommonStyle because it draws that big close button, or
No. QCommonStyle is no final style (plus the value seems reasonable)

* KStyle because it does not override close button by itself, or
No. KStyle is no final style.

* my specific style/setup combo, which I'm not sure what it is because Qt5 seems to choosing proper style magically by itself?
-> Just upload a screenshot somewhere ;-)

You can also control the Qt5 style by eg.
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=fusion

Cheers,
Thomas