Hi folks,

back in May I wrote a Plasma applet that serves as a GUI frontend for the pass
password manager [0]. I blogged about it [1], but then somewhat forgot to make
a release etc. Recently I started getting some emails from packagers where to
get a tarballs so I think it's time to get some translations in and start
doing official releases. Thus I'd like to ask for a review for inclusion in
extragear.

The way pass works is it has a directory in which each password is stored in a
PGP-encrypted file, the name of the file is the name of the password. You can
also create subfolders to organize the passwords.

The code of the applet is a C++ model that watches said directory and exposes
its content as a tree. There's also a filter proxy model which uses partial
string matching code from KDevelop (so you can filter for "jd@f" and it
matches "john....@fmail.com").

The applet itself sits in systray, when activated it shows the top-level list
of folders and password. Code-wise it contains a stack of list views, when
entering a subfolder it pushes a new listview with content of that folder to
the stack. Selecting a password decrypts it using gpg and puts it into
clipboard for 45 seconds. After that it clears it from the X clipboard as well
as Klipper.

There's a bit of mess regarding focus handling in the QML, but the goal was to
make the applet fully controllable via keyboard, which wasn't easy with my
QML skills :)

Looking forward to your feedback,
Dan

[0] https://www.passwordstore.org/
[1] https://www.dvratil.cz/2018/05/plasma-pass/

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvra...@kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683