Hi,

on Monday 03 October 2011 09:53:22 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> On 10/03/2011 09:34 AM, dmitry chernov wrote:
> > I've added 4 icons 16x16, 32x32, 48x28, 64x64. Than added
> > kde4_install_icons( ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR}   ) to my CMakeLists.txt. Icons
> > are succesesfully moved to /usr/local/share/icons/highcolor/.. But when
> > I run my application I don't see this icons in the titlebar, taskbar,
> > about dialog.
>
> That's correct.  Those icons need to be set by code in your application.
>   The installed icon files are only there for the .desktop file.
>
> More info: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/appicon.html

I am a bit puzzled by the above. I am by far not an expert on this, but does
/usr/local/share/icons/highcolor show up when you run

  kde4-config --path icon

I ran into similar problems with KMyMoney, when the out-of-the-box build
environment dropped files in /usr/local when my KDE installation (output of
kde4-config --prefix) is in /usr.

In no case I had to add application code to see the icon in the about dialog
box. Just the names have to match.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart