On 05.04.12 11:58:28, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraess...@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 April 2012 19:17:17 Tanguy Krotoff wrote:
> >> AND I still don't know where is located Oxygen repository! Google give
> >> links like Fedora and Debian repositories
> >> (https://www.google.fr/search?q=oxygen+icons+git+repository). There is
> >> also a GitHub repo (https://github.com/chadnickbok/Oxygen-Icons)
> >> saying "It was a total PITA finding a 'root' repo for these".
> >>
> >> Is KDE source code so ugly that it is hidden? :)
> >> People want to see the source code: see how GitHub does it and how
> >> popular it is!
> >>
> > ever tried hmm... git.kde.org or gitweb.kde.org or projects.kde.org or
> > quickgit.kde.org? Unfortuantely we are still on the road to migrate
> > everything
> > to git, so some things are still on websvn.kde.org.
> >
> > Well anyway Oxygen is a kind of meta project and you find the source code in
> > different areas. So what are you looking for? Icons? Widget Style? Window
> > Decoration? Something else?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Martin Gräßlin
>
> I agree with him that there's should be a link to 'get the sources' on
> the www.kde.org pointing to projects.kde.org =)

No, if anything there should be a link there pointing to the latest
release as "the sources". The git repositories should be under something
like "how to contribute" or so.

At least thats what I've seen in the vast majority of projects I've
visited and it makes sure that somebody who just wants the sources to
build it locally (for whatever reason) gets something stable and release
and not some arbitrary git snapshot that may or may not build. In fact
thats something I often miss with github projects, some kind of actual
release that has been somewhat tested...

Andreas