2013/6/10 Mustafa Muhammad <mustafaa.alhamda...@gmail.com>

> that bug is a well known nightmare which is/was pretty much unaddressable,
>> as it depends on some lacking upstream features. Many other people had a
>> look at it without success, and the fact I am the assignee doesn't prevent
>> anyone from fixing or acting on it. Feel free to change the assignee if
>> anybody is willing to take the burden, though.
>>

> Thanks for the info, so are we waiting for something from upstream or what?

Not really. The very source of the problem is that polkit's design is
incompatible with some of the things we need (aka: proper window
parenting). Good news is that we have a GSoC on the way to improve this,
but I cannot guarantee that specific problem will be addressed. We will
surely revise some of our internal designs and will try to circumvent the
issue in a better way than the one we are doing now.

>> P.S.: It is good practice to avoid name-calling on a public list, I'd
>> appreciate if you could avoid this next time. Thanks
>>

> Really sorry about that, I respect and appreciate all the work all of you
> do for the rest of us, thank you.

No problem at all :)