Hello everyone,

I have a proposal. I feel that it will be a good idea for KDE software to
talk to Android phones over USB and/or WiFi. Personally I hate to pick up
my phone to reply to an SMS while I am sitting on the computer, or manully
copy a phone number from the computer screen to my phone, whether it is to
save or dial or both. Another feature that comes to mind is synchronizing
contacts and media (mainly pictures from the phone and music/videos from
the computer). Advanced features, like using one's phone as a remote for
controlling Amarok and/or Dragon Player.

I am relatively new to the KDE community and am not sure what will be a
good way to implement this; or whether this is a good idea altogether.
Maybe we could start another project under the KDE umbrella, say KPhone.
KPhone will have an Android App that a user can install or an existing
project (for example, Kontact) can take up the responsibility. We already
have Necessitas <http://necessitas.kde.org/> that uses Qt to make an
Android App.

So what are your views on this topic? Mine is: I would love to see such a
feature soon.

Cheers,
Vedant.