I'm looking forward to you work for supporting automatic reconnection.

Bye
urs

On 2013-10-26, Shaheed Haque wrote:
Hi Urs, Christophe,

I'm interested in trying to make KRDC's vnc client support automatic
reconnection (using TCP keepalives). I had a quick hack and made some
progress, but before trying the real thing, I need to make
VncClientThread's "outputErrorMessageString" fully threadsafe.

The attached patch cleanly separates the threading/static
callbacks/class members, but does not change any locking or other
functionality. The commit log to my local branch reads as follows:

====
commit 545111064c06a0423585263ce9fe1779461756e4

Author: Shaheed Haque <srha...@theiet.org>
Date:   Sat Oct 26 17:18:47 2013 +0100

    Make outputErrorMessageString and m_colorTable non-static
members

    This *looks* intrusive, but actually all it does is:

    - Make outputErrorMessageString and m_colorTable into non-static

      member variables.

    - Do away with the need to reference class members using "t->".

    - Use the "cl" member variable rather than keep passing it
around.
===

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks, Shaheed