Hello,

I've worked on and off on an implementation of the d-bus protocol
which, of course, needs a proof of concept. That proof of concept is
a d-bus analyzer, probably the best d-bus analyzer around if your use
case isn't exactly what Bustle covers - in that case, Bustle is the
best.
The analyzer can:
- filter messages on various header fields
- group calls with returns
- displays call/return latency as observed from the d-bus daemon
- show a list of currently unanswered calls (helps find those that
  take really long or time out)
- pause, continue and reset capturing
- save and load captures
- display the full types and contents of messages in a nice format
- associate calls with returns in order to obtain nicer sender and
  receiver addresses - in the screenshot, the address parts in
  parentheses are obtained that way
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/CK1ejcb.png

With the library part, I tried to make it nice to use and fast because
those features must be there from the beginning if they are ever going
to be there at all. What it is not is complete (not even close) or even
memory leak proof under some circumstances. The parts that are not
core marshalling are also not as optimized as they could be.

The thing is called Dferry and can be found under Playground/SDK
on projects.kde.org or just kde:dferry in git if you have that git
shortcut set up.
After building and installing, the analyzer is called dfer-analyzer.

Cheers,
Andreas