On Sonntag, 23. Februar 2014 09:22:22 CEST, Kanjana wrote:

Thanks for responding. Yes, I tried several pertinent n/g's and fora. I'd better prepare to reinstall the distro.

a) You can ask such questions at http://forum.kde.org
b) "something" very much likely overrode your ~/.kde[4]/share/config/plasma*rc
files ->
c) Re-installing is *never* a reasonable solution to any problem (but windows)
and in this case *very* much likely will at best make things not worse, but not
restore your former settings.

Check whether the distro changed the KDEDIR settings (ie. whether you now eg.
have ~/.kde AND ~/.kde4)
If not and you don't have a backup of your configuration, it's very most
likely lost and you'll have to recreate it, sorry.

Cheers,
Thomas