On Monday, April 21, 2014 03:54:34 PM Roney Gomes wrote:
> Em seg 21 abr 2014, às 20:19:30, Vishesh Handa escreveu:
> > What's the name of the process? If it's baloo_file_cleaner, then that's
> > probably cause it's removing all the index.
>
> The process is akonadi_baloo_indexer. When I said Baloo is consuming CPU
> time I meant to say that it's still being executed, not that it's stressing
> my processor.
>
> When indexing is off everything comes back to normal, though the process is
> still there.

Oh.

I guess the blog post or documentation does not make it obvious that the PIM
part is now completely separate from the file part. The current KCM only
controls the File part. (As intended)

I don't really like the idea of giving users the ability to control the PIM
indexing because so many features break. Eg - contact completion and the filter
search bar in KMail. Also, from 4.14. (if I get the time), conversation
grouping will also break unless emails are indexed.

--
Vishesh Handa