Am Mittwoch, 04. Juni 2014, 00.53:36 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

Morning

[snip]

> > My conclusion of this is:
> > - 4.14 is LTS with a relaxed string and feature freeze (though ask before
> > you do) like KDE 3.5.10 (or what it was).
> > - Towards the end of 2014 we can start to release KDE applications based
> > on KDE Platform 4 and based on KF5 together and decide then next year
> > how we do KF5based application releases in the future and which modules
> > and Co. - Definitely end Qt4/Platform 4 based releases in August 2015
> > (when Plasma LTS ends) from the KDE side
> >
> > Please speak up if you don't like this/want this otherwise I'll write an
> > email with these conclusions at the end of next week.
>
> I'm not sure i agree or maybe i don't understand what you mean :D
>
> Are you waying that we should
>  - Do 4.14 LTS
> *and*
>  - Release kdelibs4-based apps + KF5-based apps late in the year?
>
> I see this things as one or the other, don't see what the 4.14 LTS gives us
> if we are going to continue releasing kdelibs4-based apps and for those
> that are stable we have KF5-based.
>
> That means a lot of work for devels, since we need to again care about 3
> branches:
>  - 4.14 LTS
>  - 2014.12 release
>  - trunk
>
> I'm not sure what 4.14 LTS adds to the mix if we are just going to do mix
> releases of kdelibs4+kf5-based apps.

Yes, you're right. Both (4.14 LTS and a bundle) wouldn't work. It's what you
said:
- Release KDE Applications 4.14 as we did for 4.13
- And then from December onwards release bundles of kdelibs4/qt4 and kf5 based
application (for the kdelibs4/qt4 apps this would be "like" LTS: not really
new feature, mostly bug fixes and gradually porting to KF5).

I hope that's clearer now.

Best regards
Mario