On Monday 17 November 2014 20:12:41 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Yep, that is also what is documented on the Techbase article. Thing is, I
> don't want multiple dbus sessions (see the first mail of this thread). But
> when I log in to my KDE4 environment, the KF5 environment data, including
> its custom XDG_DATA_DIRS is not known. Is there a way to tell a running
> dbus session that XDG_DATA_DIRS was changed?

No. You need to modify your full system environment so that XDG_DATA_DIRS is
properly set before D-Bus is started.

If the dbus-daemon was started by startkde, that's easy: just modify the env
files that startkde sources. If it was started by the Xsession mechanisms of
your distro, look up how to modify the environment of the Xsession.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358