Hey Vishesh

On 26.Feb.2015 12:34, Vishesh Handa wrote:
Hey Christian

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Christian Stroetmann <stroetm...@ontolinux.com <mailto:stroetm...@ontolinux.com>> wrote:

    On 04.Feb.2015 17:26, Vishesh Handa wrote:

    Aloha

    In Baloo, we're currently in the process of moving away from both
    xapian and sqlite.

    I tried to find informations about:
    1. Baloo, but there is a dead link on the wiki of KDE, and
    2. the substitutions of Xapian and SQLite.

    Could somebody by so kind and answer my questions:
    1. Where can I find more informations about Baloo?

There isn't much official documentation about Baloo. What are you specifically looking for? Perhaps we can collectively write some :)

Sorry, but there are some reasons so that I cannot help with writing, but I would read it to give a feedback.

    2. On what search engine(s) and datastore(s) is Baloo based now
    resp. will be based instead?

We have been evaluating both 'lucene++' (lucene branch) and writing our own engine on top of 'lmdb', which is key-value store. (feature/vhanda/lmdb). Currently, I'm leaning more towards lmdb, as it gives us way more control over the entire system. But I still have to perform comprehensive benchmarks.

What was wrong with Xapian?

--
Vishesh Handa

Christian Stroetmann