Am 08.05.2015 um 02:09 schrieb John Freeman:
> Hi
Hi John,

>  I’m looking for a mentor to get started on KDE development
Working on an application (fixing bug or implementing feature requests)
is a good starting point to get in touch with KDE development.
> I have a reasonable amount of time to do this and experience in c++.
Nice to hear  :-)

> Some interesting projects I’ve looked into are Baloo and Kate. Also if you
> have some suggestions other than those two I am open to that also. I have a
> background in mathematics (up to an undergraduate degree) and would like to
> get very involved.
You may also take a look at umbrello - The UML modeller - see the
website https://umbrello.kde.org/.

Developing software requires analysis of available software and design
new software, for which umbrello is targeted to support.

As a starting point you may inspect the developer resources page located
at https://umbrello.kde.org/developers.php.

I would be happy to assist you for getting in touch with umbrello.

Best regards
 Ralf