Hey Stefan

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Stefan Bruens
<stefan.bru...@rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Wherever it ends up, one more item for the Todo/Idea list:
> - Samba 4.3 as a search store
>   Baloo could access the Spotlight API provided by Samba to allow fast
> searching of content stored on a file server. See [1] for some info.

I looked into this a little and it seems that there isn't an API for
us to access. Tracker (Gnome) directly integrates with Samba and has
an optional compile time dependency.

Also I'm quite confused about this whole thing. Spotlight is an osx
only thing. I'm guessing they are trying to use an equivalent system
on linux and have settled on Tracker? The link you mentioned seems to
indicate that they are using Tracker on OSX. Maybe I'm just confused.

--
Vishesh Handa