On Monday 23 November 2015, Olivier Churlaud wrote:
> Le 23/11/2015 17:18, Olivier Churlaud a écrit :
> > Le 23/11/2015 16:15, Marco Martin a écrit :
> >> I suggest you to take a look at the file "standaloneappcorona.cpp" in
> >> plasma-
> >> framework
> >
> > I just cloned plasma-framework but didn't see standaloneappcorona (I'm
> > on master).
>
> Sorry for the spam, it was in plasma-workspace...

now the example in the branch mart/customShell in plasma-framework should have
most of what you need...
depending what's most needed i could either leave it like it is or resurrect
the kpart approach that was available in Plasma 4 as well, maybe try it and
see adapting that example shell is ok for you or an approach using KPart could
be more convenient/less code.

Also, a shell package will be needed (it provides things like the qml files
common to everything, such as the applets config dialogs, logic for loading
containments etc.
I was thinking to provide within plasma-framework one such thing intended for
applications using a shell (it would be a greatly simplified version of what
we are now using for the normal desktop shell).

--
Marco Martin