Greetings,
I recently came across this[1] discussion in this mailing list and
though of sharing my library[2] that solves some of the
problems of KWallet. The API for the library is here[3] and its more
or less a rip off of KWallet API since it does the same thing
and offers the same functionality.

The library offers three backend: kwallet,libsecret and an internal
backend and users have a choice of what backend to use
depending on their use case.

The different between the internal backend and libsecret/kwallet
backends is that the application that uses the library gets its own
instance of the internal backend and hence application A can not
access application B's secrets simply because application B
has its wallet open.This is the core difference of the internal
backend and its the main reason for the existence of the library.

I think KWallet should offer the same ability,an option for users to
select a shared wallet(current behavior) and a private wallet.

The library is in fedora[4] and opensuse[5].

[1] https://marc.info/?t=146788789300003&r=1&w=2

[2] https://github.com/mhogomchungu/lxqt_wallet

[3]
https://github.com/mhogomchungu/lxqt_wallet/blob/master/frontend/lxqt_wallet.h