Am 2019-03-06 23:13, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
Hi,

allow me to chime in with my AFAIK, which though is confirmed by my quick look
at the code:

Am Dienstag, 5. März 2019, 18:21:00 CET schrieb Martin Flöser:
Hi Alexander,

according to the xprop output the _NET_WM_ICON property is not set. The
method inside Qt responsible for this is:
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbwindow.cpp.h
tml#_ZN10QXcbWindow13setWindowIconERK5QIcon

This method is called indirectly from QWidget::setWindowIcon. I am
pretty sure that it works as you can easily check by xprop any other Qt
window. So the problem must be the icon. If I search for
labplot-worksheet I find only an icon in size 22x22. Looking at the
linked code, I notice that it's not one of the sizes Qt expects and also
none of the sizes KWin expects, see
https://cgit.kde.org/kwin.git/tree/client.cpp#n1583

Isn't the more relevant code here the one at the start of that method?

    // First read icons from the window itself
    const QString themedIconName = iconFromDesktopFile();
    if (!themedIconName.isEmpty()) {
        setIcon(QIcon::fromTheme(themedIconName));
        return;
    }

From what I remember, one of the issues with Wayland (and then also with KWin & its custom X-equivalent "_KDE_NET_WM_DESKTOP_FILE") is that while title properties for windows are supported, icons are not (something about graphics resources and different metadata design *insert proper knowledge*). So the window managers and running-app-instance managers take the icon name only from
the desktop file, no longer enabling to overwrite the icon for certain
windows.
Isn't this the issue still? At least I remember this vaguely from some time
ago.

Not in this case as the window is missing the icon property as can be seen in the xprop output.

But apart from that: yes if the desktop file is specified, the icon is preferred over the custom icon. But in this specific case it's not the reason.

Cheers
Martin

Am 2019-03-04 17:39, schrieb Alexander Semke:
> not shown in the window bar, left to the window title. Please check
> the attached screenshots. On windows the proper icon is shown, on
> linux/kwin the applicaion icon is used.
>
> It's X. The output of xprop:
>
> _NET_WM_ICON_NAME(UTF8_STRING) =
> _KDE_NET_WM_DESKTOP_FILE(UTF8_STRING) = "org.kde.labplot2"
> _KDE_NET_WM_COLOR_SCHEME(STRING) =
> "/usr/share/color-schemes/BreezeHighContrast.colors"
> XdndAware(ATOM) = BITMAP
> _KDE_NET_WM_USER_CREATION_TIME(CARDINAL) = 2840133529
> WM_NAME(STRING) = "Import Data to Spreadsheet or Matrix"
> _NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "Import Data to Spreadsheet or Matrix --
> labplot2"
> _MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x7, 0x26, 0x1e, 0x3, 0x0
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DIALOG,
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL
> _XEMBED_INFO(_XEMBED_INFO) = 0x0, 0x1
> WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0x5000008
>
> WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
>                 Client accepts input or input focus: True
>                 Initial state is Normal State.
>
> _NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = 29202
> _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST_COUNTER(CARDINAL) = 83886351
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "labplot2", "labplot2"
> WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW, WM_TAKE_FOCUS,
> _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST, _NET_WM_CONTEXT_HELP
>
> WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
>                 user specified location: 819, 262
>                 user specified size: 536 by 711
>                 program specified minimum size: 522 by 711
>                 window gravity: Static
>
> P.S.: sorry for html and for the full-quote, writing from the
> web-frontend...
>
> GESENDET: Montag, 04. März 2019 um 15:08 Uhr
> VON: "David Edmundson" <da...@davidedmundson.co.uk>
> AN: kde-devel <kde-devel@kde.org>, "Kwin, NET API, kwin styles API,
> kwin modules API" <k...@kde.org>
> BETREFF: Re: setWindowIcon for QDialog
>
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 1:49 PM Aleix Pol <aleix...@kde.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM Alexander Semke
>
> <alexander.se...@web.de> wrote:
>> > With kwin, the specified icons are not shown

This quote sadly misses the possibly relevant initial " and I always get the
default application's icon shown."

Cheers
Friedrich