Hi everyone,

can someone explain me how (not) to use Kapidox?

I tried to build Okular class documentation with Kapidox, whether that is
easier than with doxygen.

So I followed the README on https://cgit.kde.org/kapidox.git/tree/README.md,
and got a kapidox_generate in ~/kde/kapidox/src/. 'python setup.py install'
and so on.

Then I mkdir-cd-ed to html_kapidox/ in the okular base directory, and called
kapidox_generate with the okular base directory as argument. Of course,
html_kapidox/ was still empty.

Results:
It complained that it won’t draw graphs,
Then it deleted the whole directory instead of building documentation. WTF?
See below:

david@doro:~/kde/src/konsole/html$ cd ~/Qt/okular
david@doro:~/Qt/okular$ mkdir html_kapidox
david@doro:~/Qt/okular$ cd html_kapidox/
david@doro:~/Qt/okular/html_kapidox$ ~/kde/kapidox/src/ka
bash: /home/david/kde/kapidox/src/ka: No such file or directory
david@doro:~/Qt/okular/html_kapidox$ ~/kde/kapidox/src/kapidox_generate ..
16:42:48 WARNING Missing Graphviz dependency: diagrams will not be generated.
16:42:48 DEBUG Found cached identities file at /home/david/.cache/kapidox/kde-
accounts
16:42:49 INFO # Generating doc for Okular
16:42:50 INFO Running Doxygen
16:43:05 INFO # Rebuilding Okular for interdependencies
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/david/kde/kapidox/src/kapidox_generate", line 110, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/david/kde/kapidox/src/kapidox_generate", line 106, in main
    copyright=kde_copyright)
  File "/home/david/kde/kapidox/src/kapidox/hlfunctions.py", line 126, in
do_it
    shutil.rmtree(lib.outputdir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 270, in rmtree
    onerror(os.rmdir, path, sys.exc_info())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 268, in rmtree
    os.rmdir(path)
OSError: [Errno 39] Directory not empty: '..'
david@doro:~/Qt/okular/html_kapidox$ ls
david@doro:~/Qt/okular/html_kapidox$ ls ..
david@doro:~/Qt/okular/html_kapidox$

I had already run kapidox_generate in other project directories, where it only
generated an index.html with some blue navigation bars (like on api.kde.org).

This is probably not the intended behaviour. Am I stupid? If yes/no/else: What
am I doing wrong? Which information do you need to help?

Cheers, David