Very sorry for the incredibly late answer, but I had to pause this task.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:56 PM David Edmundson
<da...@davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Kauth is a wrapper round using dbus activation on the system bus...

Yes, and that is how my first implementation works. But it seemed less
flexible: the only way I found to implement something like a daemon is
a long running method. But it seems a bad approach when it comes to
multiple clients calling into the helper. I suppose that the helper is
single instance (which is ok), and the call to the method remains in
queue for the following clients. Is this correct? Do you think this is
a good architecture? Any advice?

> It's 99.9% the same.

Yes, code is almost identical, but is the policy file used for the
session bus? I can't find a description for that in the docs.
It seems however that I found something here:
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/PolicyKit/Helper_HowTo.
I skipped that article because it seemed outdated. Is it or can I
refer to it?

> You want to look for dbus-activation and set User=root in the
> activation desktop file that you put in
> /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services

I'll try that, thanks!
Sorry again for the late answer. Regards.

--
Dr. Luca Carlon
Software Engineer