Hi guys,

I am developing an OpenGL / GLFW application (for highest platform
independence and easiest porting efforts). It's basically a terminal
emulator, and I want the background to be optionally transparent (done) but
also blurred (done for windows, not linux/mac). I found out, that for KDE's
konsole, it's not doing it by itself but using
KWindowEffects::enableBlurBehind(...)
instead, which is more or less how you do it on Windows 10 too. However,
making use of it and linking against KF5::WindowSystem tells me that it
couldn't find any plugins.

*    org.kde.kwindowsystem: Could not find any platform plugin*

Also, I highly doubt I can just pump in the X11 `Window` (XID) handle to
`enableBlurBehind`'s first param, but I couldn't figure how to construct a
`WId` without fully transforming my program into a full KDE/Qt app.

Is there a way without fully converting into KDE app (I'd like to retain
platform independence, but at least get blur-behind feature on each
platform, with the least effort and code duplication).

Many thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.