On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 12:12 AM Mladen Milinkovic <m...@smoothware.net> wrote:

> On 11/14/19 9:47 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:31 PM Mladen Milinkovic <m...@smoothware.net>
> > wrote:
> >> Thank you. It doesn't seem I have commit rights to it tho.
> >> I get this when trying to push:

> >> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> >>
> >> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> >> and the repository exists.
> >>
> >> Also am not listed in
> >> https://invent.kde.org/kde/subtitlecomposer/-/settings/members
> >
> > Sorry about that, that occurs when someone receives their developer
> > account after logging into Gitlab for the first time.
> > I've now corrected your group membership.
> >
> > (This is something we intend on fixing as part of the final deployment)
> >

> Thank you.
>
> I was trying to setup release builds using CI.

Mind elaborating on the specifics of what you're trying to do here?

At the moment the CI capabilities of Gitlab are for testing purposes
only and shouldn't be relied on.
We do intend to transition to Gitlab CI but that will happen after all
the repositories transition to Gitlab.

Should you wish to have CI services, this can be done using
build.kde.org instead.

> I don't have permissions on the new repo to access settings (eg. so I can't
> add CI/CD env variables). Should I file a
> ticket somewhere when I want to change something in repo settings or will I
> get higher permissions at some point?

You will need to file Sysadmin tickets (at
https://go.kde.org/systickets) to have repository settings changed i'm
afraid.

> I have noticed that GitLab API for creating tags is not working. It doesn't
> even work from web interface. Both just give
> blank errror message and HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request. Is this a bug or
> intentional?
> API URL:
> https://invent.kde.org/api/v4/projects/731/repository/tags?ref=master&tag_name=test
> WEB URL: https://invent.kde.org/milinkovic/subtitlecomposer/-/tags/new

The API should work in theory. You've been providing all the necessary
parameters as specified at
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/tags.html#create-a-new-tag I assume?

> Mladen

Cheers,