Hello everyone, this is D. Debnath. I'm a Computer Science student from India.

I have been using KDE since 2013. I'm extremely grateful to the KDE project for
making my computing experience enjoyable. I have always wanted to contribute to
KDE, but due to lack of skill and other priorities getting in the way, I've not
been able to do that so far. But, I guess finally I'm ready :)

I did contribute a little by filing a few bug reports about a month back, see
my reddit post here (my reddit username is u/kdedev):
https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/enc4d7/a_bunch_of_suggestions_and_feedback_and_how_can_i/

I've an idea for the Elisa project and would like to pursue that as a GSoC
project. The guidelines here: https://community.kde.org/GSoC#Recommended_steps
state that I should subscribe to the KDE-devel mailing list and introduce
myself. So, here I am.

Here is the idea:

It is about adding synced lyrics feature to Elisa. Synced like how subtitles
work for videos. I would like this to be modular, so that other music players
can integrate it, if they so wish. Maybe we could call it a lyrics
framework/engine.

If you've not used such a feature before, I suggest you give MusixMatch
(Android/iOS) a try. The problem with MusixMatch is that it is closed source
and not free. No good open source alternative seems to exist (both on Android
and Linux Desktop). The lack of such an option is especially painful on the
Linux Desktop.

I spoke to Mr. Matthieu Gallien and he suggests that I should contribute to
Elisa a little before submitting my GSoC application. So, which problems should
I try to address in Elisa? What are the documentation (if any) should I read up?

I should mention that about a month ago I set up my KDE development environment
(kdesrc-build) following this
guide<https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development> and successfully
compiled Dolphin. But don't have any other experience with KDE development.

Regards,
D. Debnath