> On 30 April 2020 21:15 Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org> wrote:
> Am I the only person that just has all the repos on the same folder? I
> thought it was the common thing to do :?

Me too.

I think that there is no solution to group repositories by purpose category.
There is too much overlap, and there may be many categories with only one
repository.

Maybe it is easier to group by the build target. If the main build target is an
executable, the repository goes to Applications. If the target is a .a or .so,
the repository goes to Libraries. If the repository is a website, it goes to
Website. Etc.

There would be overlap too, and related repositories would end up in different
categories.

I think the only way is to group repositories by organisation. I. e. all our
applications go to KDE, if we incubate Microsoft, their applications could go
to Microsoft. For some reason, that is how we currently do it, and how others
(e. g. GitHub) do it.

Cheers

(There is an “if” in “if we incubate Microsoft”.)