Hello

I am writing on behalf of the GNU emacs developers, Richard Stallman in
particular, asking for advice.

The issue concerns an announcement by the gmail developers to drop the
option to connect to their IMAP service via name and password, known as
less-secure-apps. The main email reader of GNU Emacs, called gnus relies
on this method. Someone on the GNU emacs developer list suggested that
kmail solved the problem and is able to connect to the GMAIL imap server
using their OAuth2 method.

So the question is addressed to the kmail developers, but I could not
find an active mailing list just for kmail, so if this list is not the
right place to ask the question, I would appreciate a link to the
relevant one.

Regards

Uwe Brauer