QXmlPatterns has been deprecated for a long time and the current plan is that
there will no Qt6 release of it.

We use it in quite some places

https://lxr.kde.org/search?%21v=kf5-qt5&_filestring=CMakeLists.txt&_string=XmlPatterns

For those that don't want to click the link
        artikulate
        cantor
        digikam
        gcompris
            Maybe not?
https://invent.kde.org/education/gcompris/-/merge_requests/89
        kbibtex
        kdav
        kdav2
        kig
        ktouch
        rocs
        syntax-highlighting
        kdepim-runtime
        kipi-plugins
        massif-visualizer
            Maybe not?
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/massif-visualizer/-/merge_requests/3

It's not a whole lot of apps, but it's a considerable number.

The suggested solution by The Qt Project seems to be migrate to something like
libxslt.

Has anyone have any experience with that?

Could we create some kind of wrapper so we would not have to port all those
apps one by one?

Another potential solution is us "adopting" QtXmlPatterns and porting it to
Qt6, the code is said to be a bit of a nightmare and basically unmaintainable,
that's why The Qt Project doesn't want to have a Qt6 version, but given we
don't have commitments like commercial support for our things, we could
probably get away with a "we did this for ourselves, you should really not use
it" statement.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
  Albert