On 4/15/22 07:42, Harald Sitter wrote:

Going off on a tangent:
I think you are hitting on a very important point. No matter what
happens with kipi here, we should add userfeedback support for
features that we'd like to remove and get a sense of the users the
removal impacts. Right now we have no metrics, so all we are left with
is removing stuff and see how many people complain and possibly
backpedaling after the fact. That is not ideal.

HS

I used to be *completely* against telemetry of any sort until I saw an article a couple of weeks ago that explained a use case in Firefox: they were able to make a "heat map" of where users click in the toolbar to see which buttons were being pressed and with what frequency.  So I think that all KDE applications should have a (configurable and inspectable) telemetry option to let developers know exactly which features are being used and how much.  This would solve (at least in part) the problem described above.