Hi,

Inspired by the accessibility goal, Promo had the idea of including
subtitles and closed captions for videos for several KDE projects
(Akademy interviews, GCompris videos like
https://tube.kockatoo.org/w/symxHCzUj9TA7LZoZagD9c...).

I've created a repository which handles the conversion from subtitles
<=> po files for translators using KDE scripts
(https://invent.kde.org/jjazeix/srt2po) and Translate Toolkit.
There is also a script to upload the subtitles to the KDE peertube instance.

There could be several issues with translating only the text but I
still think it's worth it to be able to translate them using the usual
KDE workflow:
* if we want to display some lines longer because the translated text
takes more time to read;
* if we want to add extra texts at different times.
In order to workaround these issues, the project will also allow
translator to directly write the srt files instead of passing by a po
file.
All the srt files will be centralised here, which will avoid
translators to look for them.

In which gitlab group would it be better to create this repository and
what would be the process to create it? Accessibility ou Utilities
seem good to me but as it will contain more data than scripts/code,
maybe there is a better place for it.

Cheers,
Johnny