On Thursday 14 March 2024 22:50:35 CET Laura David Hurka wrote:
> On Thursday, March 14, 2024 2:04:45 PM CET Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > On 2024-03-14, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What do you think about https://github.com/RazrFalcon/resvg in case of
> > > processing and rendering SVGs?
> > >
> > > Do you have any plans to have this in Craft?
> >
> > With the current revitalization of QtSvg, I kind of think we should work
> > harder with that rather than try to replace it.
> > It is after all hooked in quite deep in our stuff already, so most of
> > our svg's needs to be compatible with QtSvg anyways.
> >
> > /Sune
>
> Well, QtSvg can only render (and create) SVGs, but there is no way to
> process an SVG document in a different way than to render it on a paint
> device. For me, this is a good reason to be interested in resvg.

The C API exposed by resvg can also only do rendering. There's some hints
about there being a parse tree in the C API but there are no functions to
actually use it. So if you want to do anything but rendering, you'd need to
write it in rust and expose it yourself, which is doable, but doesn't make
resvg exactly a drop-in replacement for QtSVG.

- Arjen